- State of Wisconsin DOJ, Ashland Wisconsin City Council, Ashland Wisconsin County Board
- United States of America
Synthetic Marijuana, Legal cannaboids, bath salts, tobacco, potpourri, incense, spice, aromatic and any and all derivatives of such are becoming a global issue.
No one knows for the lasting effects these substances can have on an individuals physical and mental health. Cannaboids mimic the effects of marijuana. Cathinone or "bath salts" mimic the effects of cocaine or methamphetamine. We should be concerned about synthetics because:
1. Synthetics can be more than 500 times more potent than marijuana.
2. Calls to poison control centers to report synthetic use more than doubled between 2010 and 2011.
3. The constant introduction of new chemicals leads to greater danger for the users. We don't know whats in that bag.
4. THIS IS A DANGER TO EVERYONE.
We, the undersigned, call on the State of Wisconsin, the Ashland Wisconsin City Council, Ashland Wisconsin County Board, Bayfield County Board to take action to eliminate the sales of any and all synthetic substances, including cannaboids, bath salts, tobacco, potpourri, herbs, spice, aromatic or any derivative combination thereof.
The Stop Synthetic Marijuana petition to State of Wisconsin DOJ, Ashland Wisconsin City Council, Ashland Wisconsin County Board was written by Stop Synthetic Marijuana and is in the category Law Reform at GoPetition.