After 27 years ITV has chosen to axe hit cop drama The Bill. As one of many loyal The Bill fans I am furious that such a decision should be made, and believe that the budget will go on shows of a low calibre!
The Bill has been broadcast in over 55 different countries:
* In Australia, the series is very popular where it is shown on ABC1
* On satellite and cable in Australia and New Zealand, older episodes are broadcast on UKTV.
* In Belgium the series is broadcast on één.
* In Denmark the series was retitled "Lov og Uorden" (Law and Disorder). Two episodes of the series are broadcast every afternoon on TV2 Charlie.
* In Ireland the series is broadcast on RTÉ television, first starting in the early 1990s on RTÉ Two, in the early 2000s RTÉ began broadcasting it on RTÉ One at 5:30pm each weekday, splitting hour long episodes into 2 part half hour episodes, RTÉ discontinued this in 2009 moving the show to Monday Nights on RTÉ Two. RTÉ shows episodes from 2005. An hour long episode is now shown once a week. In 2010 RTÉ move the show from its prime time slot on RTÉ Two to a midnight slot on RTÉ One on Thursday nights, however the show remains on the RTÉ player. Fans of the show and TV critics in Ireland have nicknamed it as the "Old Bill", as viewers in Ireland can watch the same episodes as the UK, on UTV.
* In Sweden the series was retitled "Sunhillspolisstation" (Sun Hill Police Station) by broadcaster TV4. It is now broadcast daily on Kanal 9 in the early afternoon with a repeat early the following morning.
I call on ITV to reconsider axing long running drama The Bill.
The STOP ITV axing The Bill petition to email@example.com was written by kayleigh and is in the category Television at GoPetition.