Vale of Glamorgan Council have identified an area of land off Lavernock Road reaching to the coast as a potential area to build 450 houses.
We think the land should not be used for housing for the following reasons:
- the road and transport system in the area would be over-stretched
- the local schools are already full
- the land is currently used for agriculture and commercially as grazing for horses
- we want to reserve a green area between Lavernock and Sully to preserve the unique identities of the two areas
- we don't want 10 years of building work
- we believe additional housing, traffic and surface water would have a negative impact on Cosmeston Lakes Country Park
We, the undersigned, call on the Vale of Glamorgan Council to remove the area off Lavernock Rd / Fort Rd from consideration for housing as part of the Local Development Plan.
The Say NO to Vale Local Development Plan in Lavernock petition to Vale of Glamorgan Council was written by tracey drew and is in the category Local Government at GoPetition.