Say No to a Cell Tower Farm in Hillsborough! (Please Sign by 1:00pm Monday 7/13/20)
- Hillsborough Citizens Alliance
- The City Council - Hillsborough CA
- United States of America
On Monday, July 13, The HIllsborough Town Council is planning to approve a resolution that would gut homeowner protections and pave the way for literally hundreds of cell towers. The resolution is the result of a backroom deal with Crown Castle that excluded the community from the process.
The proposed resolution significantly weakens:
- Setback requirements that keep cell towers away from homes. If approved, this resolution in effect exempts cell towers from the 40-foot minimum setback requirement applicable to all other structures.
- Height restrictions. Up to 35’ for monopoles, 45’ for utility poles, and NO limits at all for towers on town-owned property even next to homes as would allow a 145’ tower currently proposed on Fawn Court and a 90’ tower on Marlborough Road.
- Protection for residents who live in undergrounded neighborhoods. Monopoles will be permitted above ground.
- Safety and Peace of mind: the resolution allows carriers to bolt their towers and cabinets onto old utility poles, making them not only uglier but, more importantly, increasing a fire threat.
We value the physical beauty of this Town. These cell towers are ugly and despite best efforts to make them blend in with the Town’s aesthetics, they are eyesores, pure and simple. There are undergrounding options but the carriers don’t want to offer them because it costs them more. Yes, we want improved cell coverage in HIllsborough. But this resolution, which guts our design standards, is NOT the way. We urge the Town Council to reject:
Old Business Item 17: RESOLUTION AMENDING CITY COUNCIL POLICY NO. 19-01 ESTABLISHING LOCATION AND DESIGN STANDARDS FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE DEPLOYMENTS
Please show your support. Join fellow Hillsborough residents by signing the petition and telling Hillsborough Town Council VOTE NO to this resolution.
We the undersigned call upon the City Council of Hillsborough to VOTE NO on Item 17: RESOLUTION AMENDING CITY COUNCIL POLICY NO. 19-01 ESTABLISHING LOCATION AND DESIGN STANDARDS FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE DEPLOYMENTS
Please uphold our current Wireless Design Standards and preserve the rural character of our town.
The Say No to a Cell Tower Farm in Hillsborough! (Please Sign by 1:00pm Monday 7/13/20) petition to The City Council - Hillsborough CA was written by Hillsborough Citizens Alliance and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.