Yehuda Yifrach, Courts Editor for Makor Rishon, on Friday listed the eight most important and least known facts about the Amona case. If you haven’t read a rightwing Jewish publication in the last month, Amona is a community of some 40 Jewish families in Samaria, slated by the Supreme Court for demolition on Dec. 25.
Read more here http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/eight-crucial-things-you-must-know-about-the-amona-case/2016/11/20/
1. Jordan had no right to parcel out lands
2. Only 0.5% of the Amona land is registered to private Arab owners
3. COGAT didn’t differentiate between the parcels with known and unknown ownership
4. The Settlement Arrangements Act does not violate international law
5. International law compels Israel to care for the rights of Jewish and Arab resident
6. The Settlement Arrangements Act is consistent with the pre-67 law in Judea and Samaria
7. Israel legislates retroactively when needed
8. The Settlement Arrangements Act is not unconstitutional
We write this letter of protest in response to the appeal made to the Jewish Diaspora within the Declaration of Independence:
אנו קוראים אל העם היהודי בכל התפוצות להתלכד סביב הישוב בעליה ובבנין ולעמוד לימינו במערכה הגדולה על הגשמת שאיפת הדורות לגאולת ישראל.
"WE APPEAL to the Jewish people throughout the Diaspora to rally round the community in Israel in the tasks of immigration and up-building and to stand by them in the great struggle for the realization of the age-old dream - the redemption of Israel."
We Jews and non-Jewish lovers of the State, Land and People of Israel worldwide, wish to strongly protest any governmental action that might harm the right of the Jewish Nation to its ancestral homeland.
The expulsion of Jews and the destruction of their communities negates the very reason for the re-establishment of a Jewish State in the Land of Israel after 2,000 years and we can no longer hold our collective tongue.
The Save the Town of Amona! petition to Government of Israel was written by Temple Mount and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition.