Save The Highlands
- Save The Highlands
- Environmental Protection, Public Policy Groups, Community Action Groups
Act now to protect the integrity of the Wingecarribee Shire, and ensure our Local Government reflects the will of the people.
The majority of the Wingecarribee Shire Council have dismissed the overwhelming opposition (94%+) recorded in recent public meeting's, and is proceeding to reclassify public land as operational, which means it may be disposed of at their discretion.
On February 27th the Wingecarribee Shire Council passed this amended motion:
"AMENDMENT moved by Clr M Murray and seconded by Clr P George:
1. THAT a Council poll be held at the next election to determine public support for the construction of a Leisure Centre and the funding model.
2. THAT the wording of the question be determined by Council prior to 31 May, 2008.
3. THAT the LEP process continues including the reclassification of land which may involve the removal or reconfiguration of some land.
4. THAT the tender process for construction of a Leisure Centre continues to allow a definite pricing of the Leisure Centre to be determined.
5. THAT Council determines a financial model for the construction of the Leisure Centre prior to 31 May 2008 including possible grant funding AND THAT a consultant be employed for the purpose of verifying the value of land proposed for sale, subject to approval of the consultant’s fee by the Council."
We, the undersigned, call on Wingecarribee Shire Council to immediately cease the reclassification and/or rezoning, and/or sale of public lands.
The Save The Highlands petition to Environmental Protection, Public Policy Groups, Community Action Groups was written by Save The Highlands and is in the category Local Government at GoPetition.