Save the Good Companions - Stop Lidl in Hamsey Green
- Save the Good Companions - Stop Lidl
- Croydon Council
- United Kingdom
Lidl have recently acquired the former Good Companions Public House on Tithepit Shaw Lane. It is Lidl’s intention to demolish the existing building and redevelop the site to provide a new 1,323m² Lidl food store (1,000m² sales area).
The store will be located on the front part of the site along the southern boundary (Tithepit Shaw Lane) with customer car parking to the rear (68 spaces). The vehicular entrance and exit will be off Limpsfield Road.
We want to stop Lidl because of the effect on:
1. Congestion and parking near schools serving 2000 pupils;
2. Large volumes of traffic;
3. Threat of closure to existing shops including Post Office;
4. Pollution and threat to public health;
5. Design is completely out of keeping with the village environment;
6. Risk of accident to pedestrians on already dangerous junctions;
7. Significant devaluation of neighbouring properties.
We, the undersigned, oppose the redevelopment of the Good Companions site in Hamsey Green for use as a Lidl supermarket.
The Save the Good Companions - Stop Lidl in Hamsey Green petition to Croydon Council was written by Save the Good Companions - Stop Lidl and is in the category Neighborhood Living at GoPetition.