- Fort Bend Independent School District-
- United States of America
On January 24, 2011, a FBISD zoning meeting was held to discuss the future of Fort Bend schools.
Listed below are the recommendations made by the FBISD board of trustees, effective 2011-2012 school year.
• Thurgood Marshall High School and Willowridge High School will become 10th – 12th grade campuses. Other High Schools in the district will remain as 9th - 12th grade campuses.
• Marshall High School will become an Academy only campus.
• Students not enrolled in an academy at Marshall High School but currently zoned to Marshall High School will be rezoned to Willowridge High School.
• Missouri City Middle School and Christa McAuliffe Middle School will become 7th – 9th grade campuses. Other middles schools in the district will remain 6th – 8th grade campuses.
• 9th graders at Missouri City and McAuliffe will not have the opportunity to compete at the high school level in any UIL competitions (athletics, choir, band, student council, debate, drama, etc.) because of their middle school status.
We, the undersigned, call on the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees of Fort Bend Independent School District to reconsider recommendations made for the follow schools; Marshall High School, Willowridge High School, McAuliffe Middle School and Missouri City Middle School.
We ask that you formulate a rezoning plan to positively impact the entire district.
The SAVE OUR SCHOOLS - EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN petition to Fort Bend Independent School District- was written by Cynthia Lenton-Gary and is in the category Education at GoPetition.