- City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- United Kingdom
Plans have been submitted for the proposed demolition of ‘Lea Bank’ (on Sleningford Road, Crossflatts) and the construction of 1 bungalow, 1 pair of semi-detached houses and 8 townhouses on the same site.
Please see the Sleningford Area Residents Association website at www.sleningford-residents.co.uk for further information.
To: City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Reference Application Number: 09/04860/FUL
We the undersigned wish to lodge our objections to the proposed demolition of ‘Lea Bank’ and the construction of 1 bungalow, 1 pair of semi-detached houses and 8 townhouses on the following grounds:
* Increase in vehicular traffic in Canal Road, Newark Road, Chapel Grove, Chapel Road and Sleningford Road which already have a problem with parking and congestion, making it dangerous for the elderly living in the sheltered houses complex to cross Canal Road to the shops..
* Sleningford Road is used by visitors to the Bowling Club and Bingley 5 Rise Locks and walk round the field. The increase in traffic will exacerbate the difficulty caused by already congested roads and parking problems. This gives concern over road safety for children playing outside, school children going to Bingley Grammar School and pedestrians going to the canal bank and field.
* ‘Lea Bank’ is an attractive stone Victorian house which creates an agreeable vista from all angles and forms the background to the Canal Conservation Zone.
* The proposed development is architecturally and environmentally out of keeping with the area and will affect the outlook and sense of space.
The Save Lea Bank petition to City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council was written by Simon Barratt and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.