- Residents of Maryland Heights and people who enjoy Creve Coeur Park
- United States of America
Thank you to everyone who signed this petition!
A few things have changed and we decided a new petition was called for. Please sign and share this petition.
Here is the link to the new petition, please copy & paste to your browser:
The City of Maryland Heights intends to develop more than 3,000 acres of land surrounding Creve Coeur Park, in the Missouri River floodplain called Howard Bend. As currently envisioned, this development will:
• Encourage light industrial, office distribution and regional retail directly bordering the park (“regional retail” means large-scale retailers such as Wal-Mart, Super Target, PetCo, etc.);
• Rob us of our local character, making our community indistinguishable from every other strip development along a highway;
• Siphon business from Westport, contributing to its decline; and
• Discourage agriculture in this fertile area, even as local food production becomes increasingly important and valued by the community.
Show your support by signing the petition to demonstrate to Maryland Heights city officials and developers that we want better for our community!
The City of Maryland Heights encourages large-scale commercial development on land directly bordering Creve Coeur Park.
We OPPOSE this development because it will negatively affect Creve Coeur Park, destroy farmland and create urban sprawl, further diluting the vitality of our community.
Protect Creve Coeur Park and farmland now and for future generations!
The Save Creve Coeur Park -- Updated! petition to Residents of Maryland Heights and people who enjoy Creve Coeur Park was written by Maryland_Hts_Residents_for_Respo and is in the category Neighborhood Living at GoPetition.