- Sheffield City Council Planning Department
- United Kingdom
On 19th April 2010, The Ash Tree Yard Development, Heeley was refused planning permission from Sheffield City Council Planning Department for its new digital media business centre.
This petition has been created by members of our local community to support Heeley Development Trust and this landmark scheme. We the undersigned would like to offer and show our support for this exciting new local development and to encourage SCC to reconsider its decision.
Support Ash Tree Yard - Petition TEXT
On 19th April 2010, The Ash Tree Yard Development, Heeley was refused planning permission from SCC planning Department for its new digital media centre for businesses based at Ash Tree Yard, 62 - 68 Thirlwell Road Heeley, Sheffield, S8 9TF.
Soon it appeals against the decision and we the undersigned are signing to offer our support for this innovatory development in our community. A building that brings together landmark design and a sustainable resource - offering a walk and cycle to work environment for local people and drawing all its utilities and power from solar and terrestrial sources.
This is a unique development for Sheffield and a flagship community development for the region. The building was refused planning permission because of the absence of significant car parking facilities for workers using the building.
We think that this decision was based on a lack of information and should be reconsidered for five reasons:
• there is plenty of underused car park space and local street based parking within 5 mins walk of the building,
• the area is well served by local transport plus,
• the building itself now offers 15 parking spaces , access to an electric car and indoor cycle parking,
• We want places to work as well as live in our community,
• We want environmentally conscious development.
The Save Ash Tree Yard petition to Sheffield City Council Planning Department was written by Deborah Egan and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.