- Santa Clara Northside Residents
- United States of America
The residents in the Northside area of Santa Clara, California, request that the Santa Clara City Council include the Northside Branch Library/Community Room development in their 2009 budget plans.
The residents want to ensure the construction of the library with a community room on the SW corner of Live Oak Park stay on track of the Capital Improvement Project plans and include funding for ongoing operation, staffing, and maintenance of the library.
1. The Rivermark Master Plan has always included a library on Live Oak Park. According to the Capital Improvement Project, the City of Santa Clara planned for a library branch to be built in 2010-2011. We want to ensure that the Santa Clara City Council include the Northside Branch Library/Community Center development in the 2009 budget plans.
2. Growing community issues, increases in population and student enrollment, and no centrally-located meeting area require community rooms to be integrated into the plan for social, cultural, and civic activities. We hereby request that the City of Santa Clara construct the Northside Branch Library to include a large community room that can be partitioned into smaller meeting rooms and include:
a. A small kitchen with stove, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher
b. Television or A/V projection system with black-out window coverings
c. Removable or stow-away tables and chairs
d. Access to the community room entrance and bathrooms separate from the library
3. We request that the building be located in the SW corner of Live Oak Park as originally planned, blend with architecture of the Rivermark Plaza and Don Callejon School, and include additional parking space either by integrating with the existing Live Oak Park parking area or with an underground parking structure under the library.
4. By signing this petition we hereby certify that we are legal Santa Clara City residents.
Northside Santa Clara Residents