Santa Barbara Harbor - Stop the Fee Increases
- Santa Barbara Boating Public
- United States of America
Waterfront Director John N. Bridley submitted the following fee increases as part of the waterfront administrations Fiscal Year 2010 Operating Budget Recommendation. These recommendations will be given to the Board of Harbor Commissioners for their approval at the Public Harbor Commission Hearing on Thursday, March 19th 2009 at 6:30 P.M. at City Council Chambers - City Hall.
• $25 per linear foot slip transfer fee increase in Fiscal Year 2010 on all slip categories except 20 foot slips.
• 2-4% slip fee increase in Fiscal Year 2010.
• 50% slip fee increase for Visitor slip fees $0.60/night to $0.90/night (Commercial fishermen $0.60/night to $0.70/night)
• 150% fee increase Six Passenger charter permits from $100/year to $250
• The report also notes: “No significant permanent staffing levels changes are proposed.” And proposes over 6 other fee increases for parking etc.
We the undersigned members of the Santa Barbara Harbor Community call upon the Harbor Commission to reject the fee increases and request the Waterfront Department instead cut costs further to meet their budget goals.
We understand the current recommendation includes cost reductions and savings. However, given the financial crisis and current economic conditions we believe it does not go far enough and further waterfront permanent staff reductions and/or other cost saving measures should be proposed instead of increased fees to the boating public.
You can further help this campaign by sponsoring it
The Santa Barbara Harbor - Stop the Fee Increases petition to Santa Barbara Boating Public was written by Santa Barbara Boaters and is in the category Government at GoPetition.