Repeal the Massachusetts Flu Vaccine Mandate for School Attendance IMMEDIATELY.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Legislature
- United States of America
On August 19th, 2020, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health introduced a new immunization requirement for an annual influenza vaccine for all children attending childcare/preschool, grades K-12 and postsecondary institutions, public or private. The requirement will go into effect for the 2020-2021 school year, and students must be in compliance by December 31st, 2020.
What does this mean?
Your child will not be able to attend school in Massachusetts if you do not want them to receive a flu shot annually.
• Even if you are in compliance with all other vaccinations required for school, your child will not be able to attend school without receiving a flu vaccine by December 31st 2020.
• This requirement is not temporary or tied to the COVID-19 state of emergency. The requirement will apply annually moving forward.
• K-12 remote learners will still be required to comply with all vaccination mandates, including the new influenza mandate.
• This requirement applies to all schools at all age levels, public or private. There are no schools that are exempt.
• Currently, exemption law still stands however, medical exemptions are near impossible to obtain.
We are asking the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Legislature to repeal this mandate immediately. Please voice your opposition to this new immunization requirement by signing the attached petition.
The Repeal the Massachusetts Flu Vaccine Mandate for School Attendance IMMEDIATELY. petition to Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Legislature was written by Health Choice 4 Action and is in the category Education at GoPetition.