- Newtown Selectwoman and Connecticut Lawmakers
- United States of America
We are requesting Newtown Selectwoman and Connecticut lawmakers take the necessary steps to ensure that the complete autopsy/toxicology results of alleged Sandy Hook shooter, Adam Lanza, be released to the public and specifically toxicology tests that would determine whether Lanza was yet another school shooter under the influence of, or in withdrawal from, psychiatric drugs, documented to cause violent behavior—based on the following facts.
Because there is overwhelming evidence to support a link between psychiatric drugs, school shootings and similar acts of senseless violence, it is imperative that the people of Newtown, Connecticut be provided all the information relating to the alleged shooter, Adam Lanza.
• At least fourteen school shootings were committed by individuals taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 162 wounded and 72 killed.
• Between 2004 and 2011, there were nearly 13,000 reports to the FDA's MedWatch system of psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects, including homicide, mania and aggressive behavior.
• 22 international drug regulatory warnings have been issued on psychiatric drugs causing violent behavior, including mania, psychosis and homicidal ideation.
• The alleged shooter, Adam Lanza, was an adult at the time of his alleged criminal acts and his death, eliminating any privacy concerns on releasing his toxicology results due to "minor" status.
• Releasing the autopsy/toxicology results has no bearing on any on-going criminal investigation. For example, within weeks of the 1999 Columbine massacre, the coroner revealed to the public that shooter, Eric Harris, had the antidepressant Luvox in his system. This information was released to the public despite the on-going criminal investigation into the Columbine massacre.
• Any failure to release the autopsy/toxicology results only serves to protect the pharmaceutical industry, not the general public.
• Release of the autopsy/toxicology results is a completely separate issue from the criminal investigation.
For the above reasons, we are calling on Newtown Selectwoman and Connecticut lawmakers to demand the release of the toxicology testing to determine what prescribed drugs Adam Lanza may have been on or in withdrawal from.
The people of Newtown, Connecticut have a right to know this information and there is no reason that the Coroner or lawmakers should not make this information a matter of public record.
The Release Adam Lanza Toxicology Reports petition to Newtown Selectwoman and Connecticut Lawmakers was written by Ablechild and is in the category Miscellaneous at GoPetition.