PREVENT URBAN FLOODING IN KARACHI
Urban flooding occurs every year during the monsoon season. Water getting into homes and destroying property is a concern in both affluent and impoverished areas. Some of the main issues caused by urban flooding are:
• Sewerage water enters homes and mixes with water tanks.
• Using polluted water causes various health problems.
• Electrocution cases rise because of flooded roads.
• Drowning cases rise due to flooding.
• Power outage which lasts for many days.
• Flooded roads limit access to hospitals.
Despite the metropolitan office’s weather predictions and tall claims by authorities, each monsoon brings with it the same level of unpreparedness. The Sindh government and KMC take no visible action. Organizations such as DHA, CBC, KDA, and KWSB are equally incompetent.
• A proper sewage system throughout the city.
• Roads should be well planned to avoid water logging.
• K Electric should invest in infrastructure that can withstand heavy rains.
• Rainwater harvesting systems should be implemented.
• Regular maintenance of drainage systems must occur.
Such disturbances to daily routine and tragic loss of life should be a jolt to the concerned authorities. We urge KMC (Karachi Municipal corporation) and KWSB (Karachi Water and Sewage Board) to take stringent steps to address these issues.
SIGN THE PETITION
Please join us and become an advocate for citizens suffering from “urban flooding in Karachi.” Sign and share to show your support. To understand water management and sanitation, please click on the links below and find more ways to create a positive social impact through ACET-Global’s CSR projects.
The PREVENT URBAN FLOODING IN KARACHI petition to KMC and KWSB was written by ACET- Global and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.