- Design Review Board of Greenville, SC
- United States of America
Thank-you to everyone who signed the West End Neighborhood Association's petition and who also came out today to attend the hearing about the large apartment complex proposed to replace Pendleton Street Baptist Church on S. Main Street. In a 3-2 decision, the Design Review Board tonight voted to approve the plan with a minor change: the developer must add retail space at the corner of S. Main and Perry Streets. The apartments can only be built if a required traffic study proves satisfactory in the future.
So, the West End Neighborhood Association is disappointed, but we are also thankful that the developer listened to the community and made many changes based on the petition and suggestions from the community. We are also grateful for the support from so many people in Greenville. Thank-you!
As West End neighbors and friends, we love our community and want to preserve the vitality, charm, and friendliness of our neighborhood.
We are concerned about the 270-unit apartment building proposed to replace the existing Pendleton Street Baptist Church across from Fluor Field.
This petition is sponsored by the West End Neighborhood Association. People who live, work, and/or play in Greenville's West End may sign it.
As West End neighbors and friends, we request that Woodfield Investments and The Greenville Design Review Board make the following modifications in the proposed apartment building to make it a better fit for our neighborhood.
1. Match the building height of the nearby Fluor Field/ Liberty Taproom buildings.
2. Limit the number of apartments to 150.
3. Restrict the entrance and exit into the parking deck to S. Main Street.
4. Confine the roof-top terrace to the S. Main side of the building.
5. Replace the first floor apartments on the S. Main Street side with retail space.
6. Include sufficient green space to accommodate the needs of dogs that will live in the building.
7. Wrap the building in brick to match the neighborhood
8. During construction, exercise caution to minimize the disruption of daily life of nearby residents.
The Petition to Modify Proposed Plans for West End Apartments petition to Design Review Board of Greenville, SC was written by Edie Parrott and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.