Petition for COPA members to hold Special Meeting of Members
- The Board of Directors of COPA
Calling for a Special Meeting of Members of the Canadian Owners and Pilots Association to deal with recent actions of the COPA Board. YOU HAVE TO BE A CURRENT COPA MEMBER TO SIGN THIS PETITION - MAKE SURE YOUR MEMBERSHIP HAS NOT EXPIRED.
You have to fill in your COPA membership to make your "signature" valid. If you are not a current COPA member please do not sign this petition.
Pursuant to current By-law 4.04:
"4.0 Special Meetings
The Board may at any time call a special meeting of Members for the transaction of any business which may properly be brought before the Members. On written requisition by Members carrying not less than five percent (5%) of the votes that may be cast at a meeting of Members sought to be held, the Board shall call a special meeting of Members, unless the exceptions in the Act are met. If the Directors do not call a meeting within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the requisition, any Member who signed the requisition may call the meeting"
The membership is approximately 18,000 members so we need at least 900 signatures on this petition.
This Special Meeting of the Members should be called in the Southern Ontario Region because both Paul Hayes and Doug Ronan were elected in this region.
I encourage all COPA members to sign this petition to support the need for the democratic process to be upheld at COPA. Please forward this to anybody in the "Flying Fraternity" that can give this the needed support.
Thanks for your support,
53 year COPA member
We, the following members of the Canadian Owners and Pilots Association (COPA), hereby demand that the directors call a Special Meeting of Members to vote on the following resolutions:
1. That Doug Ronan be reinstated as a member in COPA because he was illegally removed as a member in contravention of COPA’s Bylaw, section 3.E.(4) “A member may be removed as a member of the Association if at a special meeting of members, a resolution is passed to remove the member by at least two-thirds (2/3) of the votes cast at the special meeting of members.”
2. That Doug Ronan be reinstated as director because he was illegally removed as director in contravention of COPA’s Bylaw, section 5.G.(1)b “if the Director is removed from office at an Annual General Meeting of members or a Special Meeting of Members, by resolution of which notice has been given and passed by a majority of the members present at the meeting.”
3. That Paul Hayes be removed as director and chairman of COPA for his abuse of power in orchestrating the illegal removal of Doug Ronan as member and director in contravention of COPA’s bylaws.
4. That COPA commission a forensic audit of the compensation package and all expenses of the president and CEO beginning immediately and reviewing the previous three years.
Please complete the following E-petition to serve as your written request to call for a Special Meeting of Members to vote on these resolutions.
The Petition for COPA members to hold Special Meeting of Members petition to The Board of Directors of COPA was written by John Cooper and is in the category Roads & Transport at GoPetition.