- Attn: John Morris Duncan, Minister of Indian Affairs And Northern Development
In late 2010 the Blood Tribe Chief and Council signed an agreement with Murphy Oil Inc. and Bowood Energy to commencing Oil and Gas Exploration on the Blood Reserve without proper consultation with members of the Blood Tribe.
We the undersigned members of Blood Tribe and/or concerned residents of the Oldman River Watershed are testifying that we hold in common the following two positions, which implicate the addressees in what we consider to be criminal activities:
1) We object to agreements established in 2010 between Blood Tribe and both Bowood Energy Inc. and Murphy Oil Corp. that would allow any of the aforementioned corporations and/or future sub-lessees to conduct hydro-fracturing for subsurface resources on the Blood Reserve. These agreements were arranged without the consent of the majority of Blood Tribe membership, and without community consultation with potentially affected parties both on- and off-reserve.
2) We demand freedom of free expression without concern of prosecution or threats by Blood Tribe Chief and Council or their agents.
3) We demand no further coercion come in the form of threatening the employment of anyone who works under Blood Tribe and speaks against the agreements.
4) We demand a moratorium on any planned oil and gas exploration until a referendum as taken place on the Blood Reserve.
The Objection To Hydro-Fracturing On The Blood Reserve petition to Attn: John Morris Duncan, Minister of Indian Affairs And Northern Development was written by Anonymous and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.