- Mid Valley City tenants, working community, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors
It has come to the attention of the tenants, working community, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors to Mid Valley City that the imposition of New Car Park Rates effective from 1 November 2010 have gone beyond a reasonable price affordable to the Mid Valley City community.
The increase in Car Park Rates effectively DOUBLES for the working community and exerts further financial burden to the tenants, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors to Mid Valley City. In order to maintain the attractiveness of Mid Valley City as a corporate, working, shopping, exhibition and tourist destination located at the OUTSKIRTS of NON-CENTRAL Kuala Lumpur, Mid Valley City Sdn. Bhd. has a duty to balance its financial gains against the interests of the daily patrons of Mid Valley city car park.
The success of Mid Valley City today, to a great extent is made possible by the support of all tenants of Mid Valley and The Gardens collectively. We hope that the management of IGB Corporation Bhd. and Mid Valley City Sdn. Bhd. is considerate of the situation that tenants are in and refrain from adding further financial burden to the working community nor the guests of Mid Valley, whom have no parking alternatives but the Mid Valley City car park.
Ramifications of this issue:
• Tenants would be burdened with further difficulties in attracting staff to work at their respective businesses in Mid Valley
• Tenants who are paying for their staff’s parking charges would be burdened with higher costs, on top of the rental that they are already paying to Mid Valley City
• Retail Tenants will face further difficulties in competing with other Retail Malls around Kuala Lumpur that offer better shopping facilities and affordable parking rates
• Numerous members of the working community who drive to work at Mid Valley City will not be able to afford the new Car Park rates. This will increase the number of commuters taking the already crowded bus and KTM train service. If the current bus and train systems are already unfit to transport the working community currently taking the buses and trains, it would clearly not cater to the additional overflow of commuters who can no longer afford to park their cars at Mid Valley
• The working community of Mid Valley City comes from diverse suburbs across Kuala Lumpur and its surroundings. Due to the demographics of staff working for tenants of Mid Valley City, it is not conducive to carpool. Carpooling is simply not viable.
We, the tenants, working community, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors to Mid Valley City petition those responsible [Mid Valley City Sdn. Bhd.] for the increase in Car Park Rates to halt its plans for the increase, and maintain the current rates which are already high.
The interests of tenants and their employees, retail tenants and their patrons, effectively Mid Valley City’s clients should be the priority of Mid Valley City Sdn. Bhd. and its holding entities. The benefits of raising the price do not out-weigh the problems and consequences that will arise from this issue. There are other ways of increasing profits, rather than resorting to predatory practices on immediate stakeholders. Due to the overwhelming negative ramifications that would arise from the increase in Car Park Rates, we strongly urge that the October 2010 Car Park Rates be maintained.
As the Car Park Manager for Mid Valley City, Mid Valley City Sdn. Bhd. should be sensitive to the needs of tenants, working community and patrons to Mid Valley as we are also the very people and parties who form this Economy of Mid Valley.
It has come to the attention of tenants, working community, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors to Mid Valley City that the increase in Car Park Rates effective from 1 November 2010 onwards is beyond a reasonable price. We therefore set forth this petition in writing.
By signing this petition, I am in support of this cause against the proposed increase in Car Park Rates.
The No To Parking Fee Increase And Abolishment Of Maximum Parking Charge petition to Mid Valley City tenants, working community, shoppers, exhibitors, and hotel visitors was written by steven_mvc and is in the category Consumer Affairs at GoPetition.