No to Macquarie University Space Policy
- NTEU MQ Space Policy Group
- Macquarie University staff and higher degree research students
Under the guidelines of a new ‘University Space Policy’:
• Level A and B academics will not have an office of their own
• Level B’s will be in rooms of up to 4 staff
• Level A’s will be in rooms of up to 8 staff
• Postdoctoral researchers and research fellows (at levels A and B) will be in rooms of up to 8 staff
• HDR students will be in rooms of up to 12 students.
We the undersigned are gravely concerned by a number of aspects of the University's new space allocation policy. We believe the implementation of this model will constitute a severe deterioration in the working conditions for level B and level A academic staff.
We call for an immediate review of the policy, in consultation with staff and the NTEU, and for single office occupancy for academic staff at all levels to be preserved.
The No to Macquarie University Space Policy petition to Macquarie University staff and higher degree research students was written by NTEU MQ Space Policy Group and is in the category Education at GoPetition.