- NSW State Government Department Of Planning
A petition to protest the proposed power plant on the Mid North Coast of NSW at Kew.
The Petition of residents of the State of New South Wales:
Brings to the attention of the House:
• The failure of the State Labor Government to sufficiently consult with the public about the proposed Herons Creek peaking power plant.
• That the local community is very concerned about the potential implications the plant will have on their land value and potential health risks and contamination.
• That environment groups are concerned that not enough consideration has been given to site selection, pollution from the emissions, bioaccumulation and to sustainable options.
Your Petitioners therefore humbly pray that your Honourable House will:
• Call on the Minister for Planning Mr Frank Sartor, to listen to the community and extend the public consultation process to allow their concerns to be properly heard.
The No to IPL Peak Power Plant Kew petition to NSW State Government Department Of Planning was written by Anonymous and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.