Egham is currently threatened with plans for gravel extraction, a concrete processing plant and now an aggregates recycling facility on the land behind Manorcroft School down to P&G, Great Fosters and beyond. If approved, this industrial activity would go on for an estimated 15-25 years.
This is an unacceptable proposal for Egham. We, the undersigned, support calls by Egham Residents’ Association (ERA) for all plans for development of the land at Milton Park Farm and Whitehall Farm to be rejected due to:
1. Unsuitability of the road network for increased HGV congestion
2. Increased pollution in an area that is already an official Air Quality Management Area, next to a housing estate and school
3. An increased risk of flooding and so subsidence in properties in various locations across Egham (with ramifications for insurance)
4. The threat to existing pedestrian facilities, amenities and vistas on the southerly approach to Egham
5. Inappropriate use of the Green Belt
We the undersigned petition Surrey County Council to support calls by Egham Residents’ Association (ERA) for all plans for development of the land at Milton Park Farm and Whitehall Farm to be rejected.
The No to Gravel extraction Egham petition to Surrey County Council was written by Philip Mawdsley and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.