- Government of New Zealand, individual politicians and political parties
- New Zealand
New Zealand Not For Sale Campaign !
Does NZ need yet another free trade and investment agreement?
When the ones we already have are linked to...
* high international debt
* loss of good jobs
* asset stripping and risky speculation
* foreign exploitation of our natural resources
* increasing sales of land to overseas owners
* running down public assets and services
* loss of tino rangatiratanga and national sovereignty
The one being negotiated now could make things even worse...
* more expensive medicines
* no local content in broadcasting
* weaker controls on overseas investment in NZ
* foreign investors suing the government for millions in offshore tribunals
* weaker regulation of the financial sector
* more transnational control of essential services
* undermining action on climate change
* delays and restrictions on agricultural market access to the US
We say to the government STOP Negotiating
Don’t Sign the Transpacific Partnership Trade and Investment Agreement
Get more resources
Download a copy of the petition
Download a copy of the petition flyer
Go to the N Z Not for Sale webpage
• to cease negotiations on the Transpacific Partnership agreement; and
• to not sign this agreement; and
• to cease work on any other in-progress or proposed international trade and investment treaties containing clauses which limit or abrogate New Zealand's sovereign and democratic right to make and enforce laws and regulations and provide services which differ from those of other states or transnational organisations.