EDUCATION IS THE KEY;
It is very clear that GHB alone :
can interact very dangerously with alcohol
can cause unconsciousness
can cause vomiting
can suppress the gag reflex
can cause convulsions
may dangerously suppress breathing in some people
If someone you know has ingested GHB or if you see someone in a club 'blowing out' try to remember the following;
- Check their breathing.
- Turn the individual on their side so if they vomit while unconscious they won't choke.
- If there is reason to think they are in danger, call help immediately. The most dangerous period is between 20 and 120 minutes after ingestion.
- Try to find out what else they may have taken.
- Always lean on the side of caution and safety.
- Whenever someone becomes unconscious after taking a depressant, there is a risk of death. If someone begins vomiting and convulsing after taking GHB, the person should get medical attention immediately. If there is any question about someone's health, be safe.
Try not to interact physically with the person (involuntary muscle spasms is a main side effect to 'blowing out) - Put your safety first.
GHB is not just a 'party drug', it has been used as a date rape drug also, don't be quick to judge if someone is 'blowing out' - you cant be sure of the circumstances
* Ladies Especially, DON'T LEAVE YOUR DRINK UNATTENDED
Our main goal is to get the Australian government drug initiative to shift some focus on to the GHB epidemic we are experiencing in the form of a commercial. With education we can battle the problem head on and lessen the frustrations the community deal with.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life for everyone.
The Make GHB History - GHB Awareness initiative petition to Australian Government National Drug Campaign was written by David and is in the category Government at GoPetition.