Lidl propose to develop a new store on the site, which will feature an attractive single storey glazed frontage with free customer parking. The new store will extend to 2,125 sq. metres gross internal area, with a net retail sales area of 1,325 sq. metres. The new store will feature a in-store bakery, fresh fruit & vegetables and a variety of award winning products. The delivery bay will be located at the side of the store away from any residential dwellings to avoid any disruption.
The existing access from Worsley Road to the site will be retained to minimise any adverse affect on traffic congestion. The car park will provide 120 standard parking spaces including 8 parent and child spaces, and 7 disabled spaces, which will be positioned close to the customer entrance.
Dedicated pedestrian access will be provided from Worsley Road to the east, giving direct access to the store entrance through the car park. Bicycle parking will be provided under the entrance canopy, close to the store entrance and pedestrian access route.
It is proposed that the store will be open between the hours of:
• 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays); and
• 10am to 4pm Sunday.
Normally there will be a maximum of one HGV delivery to the store per day apart from peak retail times in the year. All store waste will be collected at the same time as deliveries, therefore minimising HGV movements within the site.
The new Lidl store will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• Career opportunities for local residents;
• A multi million pound investment in the Winton economy;
• Supply chain opportunities for local companies;
• Living Wage Foundation rate for all eligible employees and no zero hour contracts;
• Improved shopping choice and provision for residents;
• A brand new store that will provide a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
• A dedicated in-store bakery; and
• A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl’s application for the proposed food store at Worsley Road (Winton), Eccles.
We agree to our petition data being used by Lidl to lobby local Councillors and Salford City Council to aid progression of the planning application. Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development / planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Lidl Winton petition to Salford City Council was written by Amy Littlejohns and is in the category Planning at GoPetition.