Let's stop the "Welfare for the Wealthy" Senate tax plan
- Senator John McCain, Senator Jeff Flake
- United States of America
The Senate Tax Plan is bad for the middle-class.. Under the current version of the plan:
• The richest 5% of Arizonans will see the largest share of the tax cuts, and by 2027 the largest share of tax increases will hit households making less than $83,220.
• In fact, by 2027 almost half of households making $51,880 will see a tax increase!
• The plan will repeal the Affordable Care Act individual mandate resulting in premium increases of as much as 10 percent and 13 million people losing coverage.
• And when all the dust has settled from the tax increases on the middle-class and attacks on healthcare coverage, the national deficit will have exploded by $1.5 trillion!
This is not tax reform. This is welfare for the wealthy. It flies in the face of the Arizona spirit of treating every hard-working person fairly and giving them a chance to succeed.
"We, the undersigned, respectfully ask Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake to oppose any tax plan that doesn't primarily benefit middle and lower-income households, includes any provisions unrelated to tax policy, and drives up the national deficit."
The Let's stop the "Welfare for the Wealthy" Senate tax plan petition to Senator John McCain, Senator Jeff Flake was written by David Lujan and is in the category Politics at GoPetition.