Let's fix Ealing Broadway Station
- Save Ealings Centre
- Ealing Council and The Mayor of London
- United Kingdom
Let's Fix Ealing Broadway Station
Ealing Broadway - West London's busiest transport hub and gateway to the Town Centre - is a disgrace.
* The entrance is too small and even dangerous
* There is no step-free access to either the booking hall or the platforms
* The forecourt is cluttered, with no proper set down space - especially for disabled passengers
* Outside, pedestrians have to cross a main road or push along narrow pavements
* Bus stops serving the station are badly organised, congested or too far away.
* There are insufficient safe, covered cycle parking facilities.
Constant requests for improvement have produced no visible results. Too many different bodies - Network Rail, First Great Western, London Underground, TfL, London Buses, and Ealing Council - are involved, so nobody accepts responsibility for action.
Improvements promised through rebuilding the station for Crossrail are now under threat. Cost cutting has reduced these significantly, and the completion date has been pushed back.
We, the passengers who use the station, pay the price and we have had enough.
Ealing Council is the body that should represent us. Other stations along the Crossrail route have been improved after the local community joined with their Council to negotiate with Crossrail and it is time that Ealing took its responsibilities to speak for us far more vigorously.
Please sign our petition NOW!
We the undersigned call on Ealing Council to take the initiative to ensure the rebuilding of Ealing Broadway Station includes a fully integrated modern public transport interchange with improved access and lift and escalator links between buses, cycles, taxis and trains, and does not impinge further on Haven Green.
The Let's fix Ealing Broadway Station petition to Ealing Council and The Mayor of London was written by Save Ealings Centre and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.