Keep the South London Line link at Denmark Hill
- Closed on
Thanks for your support. This petition is now closed and has been submitted to Network Rail and Cllr Fiona Colley.
Network Rail is consulting on the future of rail services in South London (aka the draft South London Rail Utilisation Strategy).
The consultation document states that due to the proposed Thameslink project in a few years time there will be 2 fewer platforms for trains to terminate at London Bridge (they'll be replaced with two more platforms for through trains going on to Blackfriars or Charing Cross).
Network Rail seems to have decided that this means that the South London Line (Victoria to London Bridge via Denmark Hill, Peckham Rye and Queens Road) will no longer be able to go to London Bridge and will have to be diverted - probably to become a Victoria to Lewisham or a Victoria to Catford service.
What would this mean for users of the South London Line?
- No direct trains between Wandsworth Rd, Clapham High St, Denmark Hill and London Bridge (currently 2 per hour)Full details can be found in the consultation document pages 145-148 by following the link in this petition.
- Direct trains between Peckham Rye and Queens Rd Peckham to Victoria/London Bridge reduced.
- No direct trains between Queens Road and Victoria (currently 2 per hour).
Acknowledgements go to Fiona Colley for posting this information on her blog (http://www.fiona-colley.net).
We the undersigned call on Network Rail to:
1) Keep the South London Line service between London Bridge/Victoria as it is today, at minimum.
2) Explore the option of taking the existing service to London Bridge on to Charing Cross, Blackfriars or beyond to alleviate issues with platform availability at London Bridge.
3) Provide assurances that phase 2 of the East London Line extension (linking from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction via Queens Rd, Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill) will mean 4 East London Line trains per hour serving our stations IN ADDITION to the South London Line trains to Victoria and London Bridge, not instead of them.
The Keep the South London Line link at Denmark Hill petition to Network Rail was written by Anonymous and is in the category Roads & Transport at GoPetition.