- Chapel Hill Mayor Hemminger and Town Council Members
- United States of America
Here are our major concerns with this rezoning request:
• Estes Drive is a major east-west local and regional connector that is presently operating beyond capacity;
• Residents, library users, church goers, commuters, neighbors, students, and teachers depend on Estes Drive mobility;
• These high residential densities contribute to the traffic and the number of cars at a major busy intersection;
• Using Bus Rapid Transit along MLK Jr Blvd., one of Town's goals, is undermined by proposing 650 new parking spots;
• Proposing 3% retail/commercial component won't enhance a walkable and vibrant destination or bring community benefits;
• The tree canopy so necessary to air quality and prized by Chapel Hill residents will disappear.;
• Permitting 60% of the lot to be impervious will cause flooding to neighboring properties.
We the undersigned call on the Chapel Hill Mayor and Town Council to reject the conditional zoning request for the property located at Estes Drive and MLK Jr. Blvd. Future applications must meet the density numbers and Town traffic mobility standards as recommended in the Central West Small Area Plan.
The Keep Estes Drive Moving — Vote Against Aura Rezoning petition to Chapel Hill Mayor Hemminger and Town Council Members was written by Julie McClintock and is in the category Government at GoPetition.