- HIS EXCELLENCY PRESIDENT MWAI KIBAKI
The cited road serves over fifteen primary schools, ten secondary schools and numerous health centres. It links Gatundu District Headquarters to Nairobi Thika Road as well as to Nairobi Nakuru Road. It joins Central Province to the Rift Valley Province and acts as a bypass for traffic not bound for Nairobi and thereby lessening the traffic congestion problem in the city.
This road traverses a highly productive tea zone and serves Thiririka water Treatment Plant. This area has since independence been designated ' a high potential area'.
The road more than qualifies to be classified as a Class C road under Kenya National Highways Authority or as a Class E road under the Kenya Rural Roads Authority and its tarmacking is long overdue.
Juja-Gatundu-Karinga-Fly Over Road
We the undersigned constituents of Gatundu South Constituency/ citizens of Kenya from Gatundu District whose signatures appear here below;
WITH THE KNOWLEDGE that the Government of His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki has since the year 2003 allocated huge resources to the Ministry of Roads for the construction and rehabilitation of roads;
AWARE THAT these resources are being utilized in every region of this Republic as evidenced by the many road projects going on;
AWARE that the Kenya Rural Roads Authority has advertised an Invitation to Tender for Drainage and Spot Improvement of a section of the cited Road;
NOTING that Kenya Roads Board has commissioned a consultant to undertake a reclassification of roads countrywide and which exercise has been going on for a period of about two years now;
DO HEREBY PETITION His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki to direct the Ministry of Roads to urgently prioritize the tarmacking of JUJA-GATUNDU-KARINGA-FLY OVER ROAD as a class E road under the Kenya Rural Roads Authority pending the outcome of the reclassification exercise the outcome of which we believe will designate it as a Class C road under Kenya National Highways Authority. The following ten reasons inform the basis of our Petition to your Excellency:
1. The cited road has been in the waiting list since independence and is currently in a deplorable condition given the traffic volume plying through it.
2. The cited road serves an area with a population of about half a million people.
3. The cited road traverses an area which is highly productive in the dairy, coffee, and tea sectors as well as in food crops.
4. The cited road serves the following tea and coffee factories; Karinga, Karatu, Handege, Kuri & Theta as well as Thiririka Water Treatment & Supply Plant.
5. The cited road serves numerous administrative units among them Juja Division Headquarters, Gatundu District Headquarters and Karatu Division Headquarters.
6. The cited road serves the following vibrant trading centres; Juja town, Gatundu town, Handege, Karatu, Gitwe, Ituramiro and Gaitete.
7. The cited road links Gatundu District Headquarters to Thika District Headquarters as well as to Naivasha District Headquarters and is a centralized passageway between Central Province and the Rift Valley Province acting as a bypass for traffic not bound for Nairobi and thereby lessening the traffic congestion problem in the city.
8. The Gatundu community has been agitating for the tarmacking of this road since independence and Your Excellency did indicate that you would consider their request during the 2007 Presidential campaigns.
9. The cited road if tarmacked will greatly improve the productivity of the area as well as enhance accessibility to the markets.
10. This Petition is perfectly in line with your government’s Vision 2030 Blueprint.
BELIEVING AND TRUSTING that your Excellency will consider this Petition, we now append our signatures in agreement with the contents hereof.
The Juja-Gatundu-Karinga-Fly Over Road petition to HIS EXCELLENCY PRESIDENT MWAI KIBAKI was written by KAMAU MBUGWA and is in the category Government at GoPetition.