In support of a Fitzgerald/Ben Hill County Aquatic Center
- Mayor & The City Council of Fitzgerald-Chairman & The Ben Hill County Board of Commissioners
- United States of America
The city/county joint Department of Leisure Services allocation is $1.5 million.
A motion has passed that $75,000 will be donated from the Ben Hill Development Authority, providing the Board of Education will help fund this project.
We ask that the City of Fitzgerald, the Ben Hill County Commission, DLS Board of Directors & possibly the BHBE consider allocating funds toward a public aquatic center.
We are continuing to collect signatures as the DLS portion of the referendum is planned to reappear for finalization in 30 days.
We, the undersigned, request the planning, design and installation of a public aquatic center for public, school and private use.
This facility will benefit the great Fitzgerald/Ben Hill County area in the following ways:
1. Provide our high/middle school swim teams with updated facilities. (Allowing sponsorship of meets);
2. Provide additional youth activities through the DLS for our children, especially those who do not participate in the more popular sports.
3. Possibility of providing swim therapy/aerobics for our senior citizen population.
4. Provide swim lessons for adults and children.
5. Provide lap swimming times for those who cannot run or walk for exercise.
6. Possibility for local scuba lessons.
7. Possibility for therapy for the physical handicapped.
In conclusion, the tax payers ask for the members to evaluate the possibilities for Economic Development that an Aquatic Center could generate.
The In support of a Fitzgerald/Ben Hill County Aquatic Center petition to Mayor & The City Council of Fitzgerald-Chairman & The Ben Hill County Board of Commissioners was written by Anonymous and is in the category Local Government at GoPetition.