HELP PROVIDE A CONDUCIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP ECOSYSTEM FOR CAMEROON START UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS
- 5,000 signatures to be presented to Policy and Institutional Stakeholders
Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Cameroon
It is very common in Cameroon to see thousands of youngsters show up for a job opportunity that needs just one person or tens of them. This is enough prove of the high rate of unemployment in the country. What is more baffling is the fact that the youth choose to become employees instead of employers because of the very unhealthy business environment that makes creation and sustainability of businesses difficult. According to the Global Entrepreneurship Index Report 2018, out of 137 countries, Cameroon is ranked 121st in the World and 18th in Africa in terms of the health of the Entrepreneurship ecosystem with Botswana, Gabon, Namibia, and other African countries showing much healthier Entrepreneurship Ecosystems. Within all the 14 components used to determine the health of the ecosystem, institutional and policy dispensations feature everywhere. It should be noted that Entrepreneurs are the backbone of every economy and vital to their growth. So, for any economy to flourish, policymakers and institutional stakeholders need to make sure policies are developed, implemented and respected. According to the International Labor Organization’s 2013 report, Cameroon’s unemployment rate stands at 30% with a whopping 75% underemployment rate and the figures keep rising. A good Entrepreneurship ecosystem guaranteed by policymakers and institutional stakeholders could just be the magic bullet that can turn the game of unemployment and underemployment in favor of the state and its citizens as a whole.
We, the undersigned call upon;
• The Parliamentarians
• The Senators
• The Prime Minister
• Minister of Small and Medium Size Enterprise
• Minister of Youth and Civic Education
• Minister Employment and Vocal Training
To provide and support policies that will enable a better Entrepreneurship Ecosystem for Cameroon Entrepreneurs and Startups by ratifying and putting the following into the state laws.
• Provision of at least 3-5 years of tax holiday for entrepreneurs and start-ups
• Provide a clear, transparent framework for approvisioning loans to entrepreneurs with good ideas which have already been implemented, but are lagging due to funds
• Permanent annual subsidies, subventions, and grants to promising entrepreneurs and startups
• Decrease import duties on countless goods liable to spur the business sector, especially those facilitating the creation and running of new businesses
• Create startup hubs in all major cities in the country
• Strengthen measures to report and punish tax agents who manipulate non-defaulters of tax regimes
• Set up legit platforms for entrepreneurs and small start-ups to reclaim their wages for their services
• Make Business Law and Entrepreneurship compulsory subjects for all undergraduate students
The HELP PROVIDE A CONDUCIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP ECOSYSTEM FOR CAMEROON START UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS petition to 5,000 signatures to be presented to Policy and Institutional Stakeholders was written by BINLA Lambert Tardzeyuf and is in the category Business at GoPetition.