Governor General: Dismiss the Tony Abbott Government
- Kartanya Martinez
- His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd)
Section 61 of the Constitution provides that:
The executive power of the Commonwealth is vested in the Queen and is exercisable by the Governor-General as the Queen’s representative, and extends to the execution and maintenance of this Constitution, and of the laws of the Commonwealth. There are some powers which the Governor-General may, in certain circumstances, exercise without/ or contrary to ministerial advice. These are known as the reserve powers.
1. The power to appoint a Prime Minister if an election has resulted in a ‘hung parliament’;
2. The power to dismiss a Prime Minister where he or she has lost the confidence of the Parliament;
3. The power to dismiss a Prime Minister or Minister when he or she is acting unlawfully; and
4. The power to refuse to dissolve the House of Representatives despite a request from the Prime Minister.
We, the undersigned, call on Your Excellency, General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia to exercise your Reserve Powers to dismiss Prime Minister Tony Abbott; Treasurer Joseph Hockey and their entire government.
Based on the fact they have lost the confidence of the Australian people and Parliament. We, the People of Australia feel that the current Government act unlawfully and do not make decisions based on the need and will of the people.
The current Tony Abbott Government and his Treasurer Joseph Hockey are running rampant with elite capitalist agendas and policy and are endangering the well-being of working class Australia.
The Governor General: Dismiss the Tony Abbott Government petition to His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd) was written by Kartanya Martinez and is in the category Government at GoPetition.