Abortion is murder & a direct violation of human rights protected under the 14th Amendment & Due process and The Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
First lets go over some of the facts, posted here from various public records/documents.
Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) is a controversial United States Supreme Court case that resulted in a landmark decision regarding abortion. According to the Roe decision, most laws against abortion in the United States violated a constitutional right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
So what is the Fourteenth Amendment & Due Process Clause? Here they are:
The amendment provides a broad definition of United States citizenship, overruling the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford which had excluded slaves and their descendants from possessing Constitutional rights. The amendment requires states to provide equal protection under the law to all persons within their jurisdictions and was used in the mid-20th century to dismantle racial segregation in the United States, as in Brown v. Board of Education. Its Due Process Clause has been the basis of much important and controversial case law regarding privacy rights, abortion (see Roe v. Wade), and other issues.
& Due process (more fully due process of law) is the principle that the government must respect all of a person's legal rights, instead of just some or most of those legal rights, when the government deprives a person of life, liberty, or property. In the laws of the United States, this principle gives individuals a varying ability to enforce their rights against alleged violations thereof by governments. Due process has also been frequently interpreted as placing limitations on laws and legal proceedings, in order for judges instead of legislators to guarantee fundamental fairness, justice, and liberty. The latter interpretation is analogous to the concepts of natural justice and procedural justice used in various other jurisdictions.
No where in there is anything to do with privacy. However in the 14th Amendment & Due process we see that "the government must respect all of a person's legal rights, instead of just some or most of those legal rights, when the government deprives a person of life, liberty, or property."
So who is a person? Is a unborn baby a Person? Here are some of the facts:
* The fetal stage starts at the beginning of the 9th week following fertilization.
* The risk of miscarriage decreases sharply at the beginning of the fetal stage.
* Fetal growth can be terminated by various factors, including miscarriage, feticide committed by a third party, or induced abortion.
* At the start of the fetal stage, the fetus is typically about 30 mm (1.2 inches) in length from crown to rump, and weighs about 8 grams. The head makes up nearly half of the fetus' size. Breathing-like movement of the fetus is necessary for stimulation of lung development, rather than for obtaining oxygen. The heart, hands, feet, brain and other organs are present, but are only at the beginning of development and have minimal operation.
* At this point in development, uncontrolled movements and twitches occur as muscles, the brain and pathways begin to develop.
* From weeks 11 to 14, the fetal eyelids close and remain closed for several months, and the fetus' sex may be apparent. Tooth buds appear, the limbs are long and thin, and red blood cells are produced in the liver.
* weeks 18-27 Eyebrows, eyelashes, fingernails, and toenails appear. The fetus has increased muscle development. The nervous system develops enough to control some body functions.
* the fetus can legally be a victim of a crime such as feticide, a beneficiary of insurance or social assistance, or an inheritor of property.
* The Unborn Victims of Violence Act is a United States law which defines violent assault committed against pregnant women as being a crime against two persons: the woman and the fetus she carries. This law was passed in 2004 after the murder of Laci Peterson and the male fetus she was carrying.
* The 1978 American Convention on Human Rights states, in Article 4.1, "Every person has the right to have his life respected. This right shall be protected by law and, in general, from the moment of conception."
* In 1983, the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland, also known as the "Pro-Life Amendment," was added to the Constitution of The Republic of Ireland by popular referendum. It recognizes "the right to life of the unborn".
* In 1993, the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany held that the constitution guaranteed the right to life from conception
In conclusion, we see that according to science and nature, a fetus as early as nine weeks, is already developed 'Human' features including breathing and developing lungs and by 11 weeks it has eyelids, Tooth buds, sex may be apparent, limbs, red blood cells and a liver. Not to mention this baby is unique and has his own DNA from conception. A short time later, it has brain and muscle activity. In addition, the law recognizes the fetus as a separate Human being with rights, as the 'The Unborn Victims of Violence Act' is a crime against TWO persons: the woman and the fetus. So the fetus is legally recognized by United States law, yet is not recognized by another (Older) law. Babies are being aborted well after developing human traits, and science shows by the fetus stage they would likely survive full term in most cases. The Roe v. Wade decision is flawed in fact the 14th Amendment & Due process; government must respect all of a person's legal rights; government can not deprive a person of life, liberty, or property. Yet a US law recognizes a fetus as a Human life with rights as stated earlier which then supports the fact that Roe v. Wade decision is now invalid, illegal and a complete violation of a fetus (Human life) of which we challenge the Supreme Court to consider. M any other countries legally recognize a fetus as a baby, let us catch up with the times! All pregnancies should be protected as the end result of pregnancy is 'Human life' and should be protected under US law.
Over 45 million babies have been aborted in the US (and only recorded to 2005) so the number is higher. All through the bible God speaks about , A Child (not a fetus) is in a mothers womb, and that He personally formed it and planned its entire life out. God also talks about how precious children are, they are a gift from God, and 45 million + have been executed, when will the murders end?
Good Abortion Facts site: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html
We, the undersigned, call on the Supreme Court and the President of the United States, and the senate, to review the laws which we have deemed and challenge are illegal and a direct violation of human rights protected under the 14th Amendment & Due process and The Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
We hereby declare that the abortion laws are unjust and need to be overturned as a fetus is now by US Law deemed a human with rights.
The Fight for the rights of Aborted Human Babies petition to Supreme Court was written by kevin kant and is in the category Children's Rights at GoPetition.