- Ontario Provincal Government
For the Government of Ontario to remove the Freeze on the Property Assessment Values in Ontario and strongly implement the recommendations of the Ontario Ombudsman Andre Marin ( please view full report and recommendations on the Ombudsman's web site, www.ombudsman.on.ca titled Getting it right March 28, 2006) and give further consideration to the recomendations of Anthony Caputo:
1. Consider the removal and/or reduction of the value on central air conditioning on assessed values.
2. Consider the removal of the assessed value on central air conditioning for seniors and families with health issues example (asthmatic).
3. Consider freezing the assessed value for seniors suffering financial difficulties due to increased real estate values.
4. Consider that Municipal Property Assessment Corporation form an alliance with the various real estate boards of Ontario in determining assessed values.
5. Consider that both commercial and industrial tenants receive copies of assessment notices, and consider for them to have the right to appeal the assessed value since they indirectly pay the property taxes anyway.
6. Consider that tenants of multi unit residential buildings receive copies of assessment notice and have the right to appeal the assessed value .
7. Consider that tax assessors be re-certified every two years.
8. Consider that Social Services be uploaded back to the Province of Ontario.
9. To consider to role back the fees in appealing an assessed value to $20.00 for Residential & 50.00 for Commercial/Industrial.
We, The undersigned residents of Ontario, Call upon the Goverment of Ontario:
To lift the Freeze on Municipal Property Assessment Corporation Assessments and immediately implement the Recommendations of The Ontario Ombudsman Andre Marin and consider the recomendations of Anthony Caputo.
The Fair Property Taxes for Ontario petition to Ontario Provincal Government was written by Anthony Caputo and is in the category Government at GoPetition.