Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle for EU Citizens. EU citizens are entitled by Treaties, EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice to:-
1. look for a job in another EU country;
2. work there without needing a work permit;
3. reside there for that purpose;
4. stay there even after employment has finished;
5. enjoy equal treatment with nationals in access to employment, working conditions and all other social and tax advantages.
Croatian Nurses who work tirelessly to provide healthcare across Europe are not being provided with appropriate papers which will allow them to work as Nurses elsewhere in the European Union.
We, the undersigned, call on the EU Parliament to establish why the appropriate Croatian Authorities are not providing sufficient papers to Croatian Nurses, to investigate if any inconsistencies exist in the provision of papers and to petition the Croatian Government to provide a solution that remediates the inequality which denies them their Freedom of Movement Rights as EU Citizens.
The Equal Treatment For Croatian Nurses Campaign petition to European Parliment was written by Martin Whelan and is in the category Civil Rights at GoPetition.