- Members of the United States Congress
- United States of America
Please Co-Sponsor The Employee Participation in Student Debt Assistance Act (H.R. 795 & S.796) and/or HELP for Students and Parents Act (H.R. 1656)
Millions of workers like me are struggling under the burden of student loan debt. Many of us are deferring or slowing down major life decisions like purchasing a home, growing our families and saving for retirement. In many ways, our access to the American Dream is being delayed.
We urge you and your colleagues in Congress to move forward on critical student loan debt legislation that can enable your constituents to pay off our student obligations more quickly.
PLEASE join the congressional leaders who believe that employers can and should participate in helping to pay their employee’s student loan debt obligations and co-sponsor one or both of the following legislations:
The Employee Participation in Student Debt Assistance Act (H.R. 795 & S.796)
* Introduced by Rodney Davis (R) and Scott Peters (D) in the House of Reps
* Introduced by Mark Warner (D) and John Thune (R) in the Senate
* 52 bi-partisan co-sponsors
* Treats certain employer contributions to an employee’s student debt as non-taxable income
HELP for Students and Parents Act (H.R. 1656)
* Introduced by Ways & Means Members Pat Meehan (R) & Suzane DelBene (D)
* 6 bi-partisan co-sponsors after just two weeks
* Treats certain employer contributions to an employee’s student debt or 529 college savings plans as non-taxable income
Thank you for your consideration.
The Employer Student Debt Assistance Can Help Millions petition to Members of the United States Congress was written by Peanut Butter and is in the category Employment at GoPetition.