- State Assembly Member/State Senator/Governor State of New York
- United States of America
Our quality of life has been greatly impacted by the on going construction at the Jacob Javits Convention Center Expansion Project being run by the Empire State Development Corporation. Work has been continuous and outside what normal permits would allow causing noise pollution, poor air quality, extra traffic and has gravely affected the health of young children and the elderly who reside in our buildings known as River Place & Silver Towers.
We, the undersigned, call upon our elected officials to take action and assist us with obtaining the following concessions from the Empire State Development Corporation:
◦ No construction on Sundays
◦ No construction before 9AM on Saturdays
◦ No loud noises, including rock chopping, before 8AM or after 7PM
◦ No overnight work
◦ Copies of all environmental testing reports
◦ Independent monitoring of noise and air quality testing inside River Place
◦ Noise canceling headphones to be made available to all those who request them
The Construction Concessions: Jacob K. Javits Expansion Project petition to State Assembly Member/State Senator/Governor State of New York was written by Lisa Kish and is in the category Neighborhood Living at GoPetition.