- Baltimore City Council
- United States of America
This petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Mayor, City Council and Park Officials of Baltimore, Maryland. Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed, off-leash dog park in the southern portion of Calvert Street Park.
This park would be a designated area where residents and their well-behaved canine citizens can exercise and have fun in a clean, safe environment.
We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions.
Therefore, we are asking the City of Baltimore to allow the construction of a dog park for the following reasons:
- There is not a current public dog park in our neighborhood to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
- Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets.
-Having such a park would promote better use of this land area and deter crime through higher foot-traffic.
- Such a park would reduce angst between dog owners, non-owners, police and park authorities regarding dog access to other city parks.
- This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbors and help create a sense of community.
- Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
- Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
- Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please help us create a dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members and benefit the community as a whole!
The Construct off-leash dog park in Calvert Street Park, Baltimore petition to Baltimore City Council was written by Theresa Murphy-Librie and is in the category Animal Welfare at GoPetition.