- City of Sunrise, Florida
- United States of America
The City of Sunrise is planning to put a garbage dumpsite near various local businesses, community centers, and an elementary school.
A few reasons this City of Sunrise should not allow this to happen:
1) The type of use proposed is not in conformance with current zoning in that it simply is not a recycling center, but proposed as a recipient of many types of waste.
2) The site is adjacent to a school and religious facilities. The use proposed would create a nuisance for noise, vibration, visual impacts, traffic, and odor.
3) Generation of Garbage Dump trucks at the rate proposed 100 a day or more poses a serious safety issue for children attending school and other community facilities in the area.
4) Businesses in the area may incur reduced revenues due to the proximity of the proposed facility
5) The site is in a prime location with high visibility along major thoroughfares. We hope that the City of Sunrise can establish an approach which enhances the surroundings, is an appropriate gateway to the City, and is compatible with adjacent uses; the proposed use does not achieve any.
As residents, business owners, and patrons for schools and religious facilities in the City of Sunrise, we urge the Sunrise City Commission not to allow the development of a “transfer” facility which will function as a trash dump near Commercial Boulevard and Sawgrass Expressway in the City of Sunrise.
The City of Sunrise - Don't Dump On Us petition to City of Sunrise, Florida was written by NODUMPINSUNRISE and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.