The American Anti-Corruption Act sets a standard for local, state and federal laws that:
Stop the bribery
The Act prevents lobbyists from donating to politicians and/or offering them any deals that could influence policymaking.
End secret money
The Act mandates full transparency: disclosure of all political money and “bundlers” who gather contributions for politicians.
Empower the voters
The Act imposes strict limits on PACs, and gives voters an annual $100 tax rebate to be spent supporting the candidate or party of their choice.
Let's Put these Ideas into Our City Charter and End Corruption Once and For all!
The referendum would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money.
A government of, by, and for the people isn't an idealistic fantasy — it's non negotiable.
1. Stop politicians from taking bribes
Prohibit city commissioners from soliciting and receiving contributions from any industry or entity the city has contracts with.
2. Prevent job offers as bribes
Close the “revolving door” Stop city commissioners from negotiating jobs while in office and, once they leave, bar them from all lobbying activity for 5 years.
3. Any retirement offered to any of these elected officials, would be terminated if they are guilty of any public corruption
4. End secret money
Transparency on all donations
5. No hiring of politiqueras (A politiquera or politiquero is any person paid to illegally solicit votes)
6. Enforce the rules
We hear so many times: that's a conflict of interest! What are you to do?
7. Develop an ethics code six months after the voters, vote for this referendum
8. Develop an ethics board
9. Develop an ethics hotline
10. Mandatory training for all candidates on ethics
The Change City/School/ County Charter To Include Ethics Reform petition to Anonymous was written by Anonymous and is in the category Government at GoPetition.