This park would be a designated area where residents and their well-behaved canine citizens can exercise and have fun in a clean, safe environment. We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions. This park will be designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners alike. We aim for this park to be a community project, supported in large part by volunteer dog advocates and maintained in partnership with the Township of Wawa.
In many cities and towns, dog parks are very common. However, there are no public dog parks anywhere within a two-three hour drive of Wawa! The large number and success of dog parks all over the country demonstrate that when a group of concerned and responsible dog owners work together for a leash-free dog park, not only can this concept work but it can thrive and enrich the community.
Therefore, we are asking the Borough of Boyertown to allow the construction of a dog park for the following reasons:
- There is not a current public dog park in our area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
- Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets.
-Having such a park located in the rear wooded currently unused portion of Queens Park would promote better use of this land area .
- Such a park would reduce angst between dog owners, non-owners, police and park authorities regarding dog access to other town parks.
- This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbors and help create a sense of community.
- Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
- Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
- Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please help us create a dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members and themselves as well as benefit the community as a whole!
If you would like to be involved in our efforts, you can email . We can update you on our next steps and see how you may be able to help out.
This petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Mayor and Council of Wawa. Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed, off-leash dog park in a centralized, convenient location within the community of Wawa.
The Build a Dog Park petition to Wawa Mayor and Council was written by Steve Haney and is in the category Animal Rights at GoPetition.