- City of Edwardsville Illinois Aldermen
- United States of America
The residents of Edwardsville, IL that are signing this petition would like to be allowed to keep hens at their private residences.
Signing the petition below does not mean that you agree with all things listed in it, or that you are agreeing to help with any of our goals. It just means that you are supporting our cause.
On that note, volunteers will be needed! If you would like to volunteer in anyway or believe that you can help please state that in the comments section and the best way to get in contact with you. Thanks!
We propose an amendment to city ordinances that would allow each household to keep no more than six hens.
The conditions proposed, but are not limited to;
1. No roosters.
2. A set of guidelines for coop construction and size.
3. A limit of no more than six hens per household.
3. A minimum setback from neighboring properties.
4. A fenced in backyard.
5. A yearly licensing fee to be paid to the city of Edwardsville.
6. A residence to be zoned single family.
We would also like to work with the city to help create and maintain programs for waste pick up, abandoned and aging hens, and an educational program on both the benefits and obstacles of owning hens.
The Backyard Hens for Edwardsville Illinois petition to City of Edwardsville Illinois Aldermen was written by Micah Wall and is in the category Local Government at GoPetition.