1. Our purpose is to:
a) Offer moral support to Mark Steyn, Ezra Levant, and all prior victims of the so-called Canadian Human Rights Commissions;
b) Generate momentum and media attention to the plight of Canadians under the current oppressive "human rights" regimes;
c) Serve as a launching point for future action against the HRCs;
d) Create a sense of authentic Canadian unity in the fight for freedom of speech.
2. Get the word out! Use your e-mail lists, blog about it, talk it up on the discussion boards.
3. International support is most welcome. Since freedom of speech is being attacked in all Western countries, it is important that everyone is involved in its defense.
4. To ask questions, to find out the latest news, or simply to vent about the state of Canadian civil liberties, visit the official petition blog discussion at:
5. Note: Entries whose comments can be construed as personal defamation will be removed.
6. To find out the latest news and views about the latest Human Rights Commission abuses, be sure to visit my blog: http://www.socon.ca/or_bust/
7. For a shot of encouragement in our efforts, check out these delicious videos of Ezra Levant putting the smackdown on the Alberta Human Rights Commission here:
Social Conservatives United
To the Prime Minister of Canada, all federal leaders and provincial premiers:
We, the undersigned Canadians, declare our firm and unequivocal support for free speech.
We categorically reject any effort on the part of the government or any of its organs to limit free expression of opinion on any issue, except where there is a clear communication to do physical harm to another person or where there is a question of defamation.
We affirm that controversial opinions are a constituent part of a healthy and vibrant democracy, and that to silence any opinion, however seemingly offensive to any member of the public, is harmful to a free and open society.
We believe that Canadians themselves, and not unelected quasi-judicial bodies, will decide which ideas are advanced and which ideas are rejected in forming the values and laws of our country. We believe that government should not intrude in this dialogue between Canadians and among Canadians.
We believe that free speech should not be fined or taxed because it does not meet the speech conditions imposed by a group of government functionaries.
We believe that Canadians should not live under the yoke of intimidation and threats when they seek to speak their minds on the issues of vital importance to the future and security of our nation.
We believe that every Canadian is entitled to due process under the law if a complaint is lodged against him or her.
We believe that truth is a defense against any and all allegations. We believe that without the acknowledgment of the truth, there can be no justice or peace in Canada.
We consider many complaints launched through so-called "human rights commissions" to be political tools to shut down dissent and uphold politically correct thought and opinion. In particular, we note the inordinate number of successful cases brought against conservatives and, in particular, Christians.
We believe that continued support for the suppression of free speech by these commissions will have far-reaching and destructive consequences to the Canadian state.
Therefore, we, the undersigned, call for the immediate suspension of all so-called human rights commissions in Canada until a full and impartial review is conducted to ensure that Canadians' fundamental right to freedom of speech is preserved.
We are a free people. We refuse to be suppressed. We demand our freedom to speak.
Please note: Only your name, city, and province is displayed publicly. Street address and e-mail address is not displayed publicly.
The A Free Dominion Against the HRCs petition to Canadians was written by John Pacheco and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition.