- Dallas ISD
- United States of America
The Dallas ISD has alerted Alliance/AFT, its employee consultation organization, that:
1. Support employees may receive no pay raise in 2008-2009.
2. Teacher longevity pay is again in danger of eradication.
3. Central administration will receive no pay raise for 2008-2009.
The school board has not yet been briefed on these issues. No action has been taken.
This is a perfect time for teachers, school employees and members of the community to express support keeping longevity pay and giving all teachers and school employees a cost of living increase, plus a step advancement.
Hence, this petition, prepared by Alliance/AFT.
We, the undersigned, support Alliance/AFT's clear message to the school board and administration that:
1. All teachers and school employees should receive a cost of living increase of 4% and step advancements on respective salary schedules; and
2. Teacher longevity pay should be maintained in its current form.
The 2008-2009 Compensation for teachers and school employees petition to Dallas ISD was written by Aimee Bolender and is in the category Education at GoPetition.