|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Review White House Petitions Site
Petition Background (Preamble):
The Obama Administration created a We the People online petition site in September, 2011, which promised an official response would be made to every petition that acquired at least 5,000 signatures within 30 days of its creation. This author submitted a petition similar to the one at the bottom of this page a few months later, but it expired without acquiring enough signatures. Since then, this page has been maintained at GoPetition for anyone else wishing to endorse it.
Whether or not this new petition is successful, this page's chronological list of open petitions will be maintained as a public service. Signature totals will be updated daily as a general rule.
Every signature total you see below is linked to its petition's WhiteHouse.Gov page. Bear in mind that petitions expire after 30 days if they fail to cross 2 separate thresholds:
1. 150 - to become visible to visitors at the WhiteHouse.Gov petition site, and therefore here as well. Authors must prove the viability of their petitions by somehow acquiring this initial support on their own. And thus far, the vast majority have failed to make it.
2. 100,000 - to generate an official response from the Obama Administration. This second threshold was initially set at 5,000 when the site was launched, but was raised to 25,000 a week later after "more than 375,000 people" had already created accounts. And it was raised to its present level of 100,000 in January, 2013, because: "In the last two months of 2012, use of We the People more than doubled. In just that time roughly 2.4 million new users joined the system, 73,000 petitions were created and 4.9 million signatures were registered."
(840) Fire CIA Director John Brennan
(670) Pardon Charly Wingate
(593) Appoint a panel to find effective help for those with Lyme Disease and Associated Tick-Born Infections
(340) Change regulations for daycares so felons are never allowed to have unsupervised access to children in daycare settings.
(163) implore the world's people concerned about China Wang Yan 恳求全世界的人民关注中国王焰
(291) Recognize International Celebrate Bisexuality Day.
(611) Sanction the French entity Believe for violation of Pres. Obama’s Order by the obstruction of humanitarian aid to Congo
(417) Act Immediately and Urgently to Control the International Ebola Epidemic
(13,591) The federal government should promote federal policies that encourage adoption of peer to peer ridesharing.
(1,574) Save the "Phantom of the Opera" Stage 28 from destruction and make it a National Historic Landmark.
(428) DEMAND THE VIETNAM COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT TO FREE BUI HANG,THUY QUYNH AND NGUYEN MINH UNCONDITIONAL NOW
(274) Deport Karrueche Tran if deportation is not available send her into exile.
(819) Time to save the World. Ukraine under attack. STOP PUTIN!
(541) To keep its word to improve access to behavioral/mental health care for active duty, veterans, and all Americans.
(503) Address Duke Energy in the practices of price gouging customers, unjust billing practices, and uncompetitive rates.
(335) Enact the "Child and Firearms Safety Act," establishing a minimum age of 18 to handle, fire, or possess a firearm.
(221) uphold the right of American Indians who are citizens of Canada to immigrate, as guaranteed by the Jay Treaty of 1794.
(188) Annihilate the Islamic State (ISIS)
(424) set the highest priority for safety and care of the minority Yazidi people who are in danger of genocide and sex slavery
(1,825) Mr. President, Don't Backtrack, Step Up and Recognize the Rohingya
(2,099) Nominate Brandon Stanton for the Nobel Peace Prize
(503) officially recognize Russia's aggression in Ukraine as an invasion.
(13,911) Promote dystonia awareness by recognizing Dystonia Awareness Month in September
(1,322) Stand with us. Increase funding & grants for Chiari Malformation & Chiari related neurological disorder research.
(761) Create a new federal holiday honoring the U.S. Constitution every September 17, the day it was signed in 1787.
(467) ask NATO to make an offer to buy the Mistrals
(346) Ask White House for Immediate Action to Rescue Ezidi Kurdish women Captured by ISIS
(184) Teach our schoolchildren the truth: DIVERSITY IS A CODE WORD FOR WHITE GENOCIDE
(6,144) Free Leonard Peltier
(586) To charge Mckayla Maroney with production and possession of sexual material containing a minor.
(578) Institute a national trail system interconnecting towns, villages, & cities for pedestrian, bicycle, & equestrian use.
(2,246) Change 10 U.S.C. § 502 so it does not require service members to swear "So help me God".
(613) Support Hong Kong Democracy and Prevent A Second Tiananmen Massacre in Hong Kong
(704) Declare September 4th as National Joan Rivers Day!
(178) US should stop supporting the illegitimate government with a fake mandate and foster genuine democracy in Pakistan
(2,896) الحملة العراقية لإدراج الميليشيات على القائمة الدولية للارهاب
(190) Mr. Obama, answer the letter dated Aug 18th from Don Rosenberg regarding the death of his son Drew, by an illegal alien.
(163) execute the Leahy Amendment and stop military funding to Egypt and Israel.
(4,762) Establish emergency policies to treat adrenal crises; timely treatment prevents needless disability and death.
(522) Revoke the new "Smart Snacks in School" regulations
(589) Begin the process of breaking up Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon and the monopoly on internet service they have created
(282) light the White House purple in honor of domestic violence awareness month this October.
(253) Amend eligibility for President to include children born outside the U.S. and adopted by U.S. Citizens to qualify.
(418) Remove all copies of the Quran and any Islamic literature or material from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
(315) ban the declawing of household cats.
(720) Allow funds for disaster relief for the families and community affected by the Boles Fire.
(172) Justice for David Byrant and baby Davier.
(1,010) direct federal authorities to investigate the recent attack on two gay men in Philadelphia under the Matthew Shepard Act
There are currently 2 lists of Open Petitions (All Petitions and Popular) provided at the White House petition site. Neither of them displays expiration dates, which makes it impossible to quickly determine how much time each petition has left to acquire enough signatures to ensure a response. And because the commitment to answer all those that reach the 100,000 threshold is one of the major attractions of this site, we believe that expiration dates are one of the first things that visitors need to know.
Deciding whether or not to sign petitions can take a lot of time, after all, especially on issues we are so unfamiliar with that we need to seek out additional information.
The Review White House Petitions Site petition to The Obama Administration was written by Tom Foreman and is in the category Government at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: white house petitions, white house, petitions, obama, obama adminstration