|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Review White House Petitions Site
Petition Background (Preamble):
The Obama Administration created a We the People online petition site in September, 2011, which promised an official response would be made to every petition that acquired at least 5,000 signatures within 30 days of its creation. This author submitted a petition similar to the one at the bottom of this page a few months later, but it expired without acquiring enough signatures. Since then, this page has been maintained at GoPetition for anyone else wishing to endorse it.
Whether or not this new petition is successful, this page's chronological list of open petitions will be maintained as a public service. Signature totals will be updated daily as a general rule.
Every signature total you see below is linked to its petition's WhiteHouse.Gov page. Bear in mind that petitions expire after 30 days if they fail to cross 2 separate thresholds:
1. 150 - to become visible to visitors at the WhiteHouse.Gov petition site, and therefore here as well. Authors must prove the viability of their petitions by somehow acquiring this initial support on their own. And thus far, the vast majority have failed to make it.
2. 100,000 - to generate an official response from the Obama Administration. This second threshold was initially set at 5,000 when the site was launched, but was raised to 25,000 a week later after "more than 375,000 people" had already created accounts. And it was raised to its present level of 100,000 in January, 2013, because: "In the last two months of 2012, use of We the People more than doubled. In just that time roughly 2.4 million new users joined the system, 73,000 petitions were created and 4.9 million signatures were registered."
(121,712) grant a presidential pardon to U.S. Army Lieutenant Clint Lorance in Leavenworth prison
(107,362) Enact Leelah's Law to Ban All LGBTQ+ Conversion Therapy
(14,803) We urge our President to request India's Prime Minister to preserve and promote the religious freedom of minorities.
(9,019) Let us keep our American dream
(6,517) Urge the Social Security Administration to Add Rheumatoid Arthritis to its Compassionate Allowance List
(248) Require Single Step Opt-Out on Every Individual Piece of Direct Mail
(1,336) Advocate for D.C. statehood in the State of the Union Address.
(366) Investigate the NFL for racketeering after officiating calls have influenced the outcome of the game
(320) Look into the terrible and despicable officiating of the Lions and Cowboys NFC Wildcard game that took place on 1/4/2015
(312) Investigate the NFL for crooked officiating during the NFL playoff game between the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys
(12,389) Nationally recognize February 7-14 as Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.
(7,331) Remove the Whole Cannabis Plant from Schedule 1 for Medical Research & Patient Access
(2,526) Replenish our Overseas Commissaries
(1,172) propose/endorse a nationwide “Move-Over & Slow-Down” law that includes anyone on the side of any road, street or highway
(6,626) Declare Oct 21 National Back to the Future Day
(1,161) Require FAA to re-examine its 65 Decibel (dBA) noise safety level and consider 55 dBA as a new standard for human health
(824) Officially Declare January 31st as Omphalocele Awareness Day.
(553) Require CDC to list All Gun incidents of Death and Injury Online. Similar to NTSB which lists all aircraft accidents.
(13,070) support congressional hearings for government/agency/political witnesses to extraterrestrial related events and evidence
(600) Enact legislation guaranteeing women equal access & opportunity for employment in government funded arts organizations.
(3,347) Seek Justice for Jessica.
(1,307) Stop the Open Burn of 15 million pounds of M6 propellant at Camp Minden, Louisiana. Protect public health & safety!
(1,184) MAKE VACCINATIONS MANDATORY FOR ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS
(1,173) Grant a Presidential Pardon to Prisoner Bernard A. Brisco
(715) Declare February 11, 2015 "Flash Appreciation Day" In Honor Of Comic Book Superhero The Flash
(36,870) Remove Ted Cruz from position for NASA oversight of the Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness
(17,870) Full Legalization of Marijuana in the United States of America
(1,031) Remove Ted Cruz from his position of power over the National Aeronautics Space Administration.
(173) Why don't we research more into vitamin therapy/injections? They are a safe, effective and low cost treatment.
(3,279) Lay Out a Bold Plan in the State of the Union Address for Improving America’s Health
(438) Eliminate Common Core, eliminate high stakes testing of our students, protect the rights of parents in education
(7,301) Save the life of Mohmmad Gulab by granting him asylum in the United States.
(267) Mohammed Gulab asylum in the United States of America
(1,457) Stop Suppressing the Republic of China and Her National Flag
(470) Grant immediate asylum to Mohammad Gulab and his family
(365) Create a Federal Concealed Carry Permit for U.S. Military service members allowing carry on and off military facilities.
(2,781) take action to stop the service of the pirate version of the game Kantai Collection which have their servers in the USA.
(2,060) help free Nadiya Savchenko
(1,783) Freedom is one of the greatest assets within our country and MEDICAL freedom must be included in this asset.
(1,458) Support legislation providing for fair taxation of mutual funds
(536) Define Marriage as One Man and One Woman
(443) Release Tokitae/Lolita from illegal confinement at the Miami Seaquarium
(169) Stanford Case: 6-year after - Stanford International Bank victim dies
(8,167) Stop John McCain from abolishing the Jones Act by trying to slip an amendment into the Keystone Pipeline legislation.
(207) Pardon Charly Wingate
(2,819) Medal of Honor for Cris Kyle
(577) Stop Cyberlaw HR4681
(306) Eradicate any existing Islamic Jihadist Training Camps within the United States.
(159) ASKING OBAMA TO REVIEW USA INVOLVEMENT IN DEBACLE OF DECOLONIZATION IN WEST NEW GUINEA OR WEST PAPUA
(7,979) Provide defensive weapons to Ukraine as authorized by the “Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014” (S.2828)
(1,506) I petion the White House to Award Chris Kyle the Medal Of Honor for his ultimate sacrifice for our country.
(518) File sedition charges against Speaker, John Boehner for inviting Benjamin Netanyahu to address Congress regarding Iran.
(2,163) Keep 529 college savings plans tax-free
(952) As a TurkishAmerican I like to see US Government recognize Turkish Genocide which committed by Armenian bandits in 1915.
(483) Provide healthcare workers with the same legal protection against threats of violence as for federal employees.
(453) Cancel its proposal to charge entrance fees along the entire Chesapeake & Ohio National Historical Park
(688) Take legal action against Speaker John Boehner for his violation of the Logan Act.
(460) The name of America's tallest mountain must be returned.
(391) Issue an Executive Order of Apology and/or Presidential Apology to Police Officer Darren Wilson
(2,000) Recorgnize the so called DNR (Donetsk People Republic) and LNR (Lugansk People Republic) terroristic organisations
(517) help reform this nation's child welfare systems to place children and families first instead of state & federal funding.
(462) Take action against al sharpton to pay the millions he owes in income taxes to the internal revenue service
(908) Support Elio Motor's ATVM loan application.
(729) Stop the bill that proposes a ban on body armor.
(608) Petition to Grant Unconditional Executive Clemency and Repatriation to Dr. Malachi Z. York
(543) Help Us Keep the Freedom to Choose Our Chocolate
(411) make the Equal Rights Amendment part of the Constitution.
(264) Let There Be, in 2015, an Awareness Day for DIPG! For decades in the darkness of despair, thousands dead, it is time.
There are currently 2 lists of Open Petitions (All Petitions and Popular) provided at the White House petition site. Neither of them displays expiration dates, which makes it impossible to quickly determine how much time each petition has left to acquire enough signatures to ensure a response. And because the commitment to answer all those that reach the 100,000 threshold is one of the major attractions of this site, we believe that expiration dates are one of the first things that visitors need to know.
Deciding whether or not to sign petitions can take a lot of time, after all, especially on issues we are so unfamiliar with that we need to seek out additional information.
The Review White House Petitions Site petition to The Obama Administration was written by Tom Foreman and is in the category Government at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: white house petitions, white house, petitions, obama, obama adminstration