|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Review White House Petitions Site
Petition Background (Preamble):
The Obama Administration created a We the People online petition site in September, 2011, which promised an official response would be made to every petition that acquired at least 5,000 signatures within 30 days of its creation. This author submitted a petition similar to the one at the bottom of this page a few months later, but it expired without acquiring enough signatures. Since then, this page has been maintained at GoPetition for anyone else wishing to endorse it.
Whether or not this new petition is successful, this page's chronological list of open petitions will be maintained as a public service. Signature totals will be updated daily as a general rule.
Every signature total you see below is linked to its petition's WhiteHouse.Gov page. Bear in mind that petitions expire after 30 days if they fail to cross 2 separate thresholds:
1. 150 - to become visible to visitors at the WhiteHouse.Gov petition site, and therefore here as well. Authors must prove the viability of their petitions by somehow acquiring this initial support on their own. And thus far, the vast majority have failed to make it.
2. 100,000 - to generate an official response from the Obama Administration. This second threshold was initially set at 5,000 when the site was launched, but was raised to 25,000 a week later after "more than 375,000 people" had already created accounts. And it was raised to its present level of 100,000 in January, 2013, because: "In the last two months of 2012, use of We the People more than doubled. In just that time roughly 2.4 million new users joined the system, 73,000 petitions were created and 4.9 million signatures were registered."
The White House site inexplicably showed the vote total for the following petition at barely over 1,000 on 13 August. This figure will be monitored, and meanwhile the previous figure of over 100,000 will remain posted here:
(100,011) CANCEL White House Invitation To PM Modi-Organizer of 2002 Massacre of MUSLIMS. Ban BJP For 1984 Attack On Golden Temple
(57,006) help the Christians of Mosul and Iraq who are part of a modern day Holocaust
(8,025) Push for a ceasefire in the Gaza/Palestine conflict and stop providing military aid to Israel with our tax dollars
(508) Stop sponsoring so-called "Palestinians" with tax payers money and revert funds to help Israel to stay against terrorism
(370) Pardon Charly Wingate
(918) Use the executive powers to fix the broken immigration system for legal immigrants
(846) Use the executive powers to fix the broken immigration system for legal immigrants
(247) Allow all members of the military to have the freedom to choose between Tricare or FEHB if they are dual public servants
(105,024) Support Kurdish Independence
(6,051) Tax Churches
(1,460) Enforce the Symington Amendment, which prohibits sending aid to nuclear armed nations such as Israel.
(574) SUPPORTERS OF MIKE TURNER'S "The Servicemember Family Protection Act"
(13,953) Please call Democratic Republic of Congo President Kabila to End the Suspension on Adoptions!
(233) Please Help the Homeless secure their basic human rights in Hong Kong
(4,786) Direct the SEC to investigate the directors of Demoulas Super Markets Inc.
(1,274) Cut Foreign Aid to Israel
(13,426) IRAQI PEOPLE DEMAND JUDGMENT NURI AL_MALKI AS A WAR CRIMINAL AGAINST HUMANITY BECAUSE KILL & DISPLACE SUNNI CIVIL PEOPLE
(399) Purple Hearts denied for injuries suffer in battle.
(9,508) Stop using Social Security numbers as Medicare ID numbers
(3,094) KICK OUT EBOLA FROM LIBERIA
(2,762) Support Israel's Right to Defend Itself
(1,367) Support a Spinal Cord Regeneration Initiative Project
(2,003) Remove all U.S. military forces from South Korea
(498) Military POV Shipping Contract Review (International Auto Logistics)
(1,147) Support Kurdish People in Kobani
(343) Defund the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)
(2,466) A Class Action Suit Against The 113th Congress By We The People
(687) declare January 31st as National Omphalocele Awareness Day
(290) Stop Anti-Consumer Contact Lens Pricing Policies
(213) STOP WHITE GENOCIDE, by halting MASSIVE third world immigration and FORCED assimilation in White countries
(185) Create a national historic site interpreting the Great Depression where Dorothea Lange photographed "Migrant Mother"
(3,853) Mandate all freight trains have two-person crews.
(786) Support united undivided Iraq, NO to dividing Iraq and YES to Iraq unity
(11,143) Urge All States To Enact Laws That Ban Leaving Animals Alone In Cars During Dangerous Temperatures
(3,214) Stop Armenia to violate casefire regime on the border of Azerbaijan!
(1,649) Stop the killings, pain, and suffering of Yezidis in Iraq.
(593) Back Israel's Insistence on A Demilitarized Gaza
(500) Drug Test All Elected Federal Officials
(240) Encourage states to change our First-Past-the-Post Voting System to a Preferential Voting System.
(400) Research the viability of a Universal Basic Income in the US.
(54,208) Repeal the DOT/EPA “25 Year Rule” Car Import Ban to 15-years and Allow the Importation of Non-conforming Cars and Trucks
(684) immediately explore airlifting essentials such as water to dozens of thousands of Yezidis stranded in Iraq.
(169) Show “AntiRacist Hitler” at 2014 White House Conference on STOPPING WHITE GENOCIDE!
(1,891) provide immediate military assistance to the Kurdish Regional Government.
(297) JUSTICE FOR Shaneen Allen
(180) Protect Gray Wolf habitats in the U.S. and stop the killing of this precious native species. Wolves are not a threat.
(14,647) Stop H.R. 5344 from banning responsible law abiding citizens from owning body armor.
(1,951) Release experimental drug, Zmapp to Africa!
(365) Release Ebola experimental drug, Zmapp to Africa.
(223) Sanction South Africa for its genocide of White farmers
(23,729) remove Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) from the list of international terrorist organizations.
(3,014) issue a statement on the killings of Mike Brown, John Crawford, and Jeremy Lake; and demand congressional action.
(1,595) Investigate the disappearance of United States anti-poaching pilot Bill Fitzpatrick and plane in West Africa.
(468) Allow Military Service Members with a Concealed Weapons Permit to carry on Military Installations.
(233) Allocate funds to Oakland Chinatown located in Alameda County, California for the purpose of graffiti removal.
(1,139) order the Attorney General to investigate nationwide police-brutality & the use of deadly force against people of color.
(655) Honor Indian Democracy and Congratulate the White House for Inviting PM Narendra Modi
(2,674) Require for Go-Pros™ to be placed on every and all police officers
(766) Make a federal decree requiring all law enforcement officers nationwide to wear body cameras that record audio and video
(426) Arming Kurds formal forces (The peshmerge)
(118,807) Mike Brown Law. Requires all state, county, and local police to wear a camera.
(4,675) Urge the FDA to Say YES to Accelerated Approval of RE-024 for treatment of PKAN.
(2,449) STOP the decision by the US Air Force AETC to close and/or consolidate the US Air Force Security Forces Museum.
(1,359) mandate fully paid maternity leave for all working women in the United States for no less than 12 weeks.
(507) to send in federal troops to remove police from Ferguson who are attacking peaceful protest and arresting free media
(249) Recognize the Unique and Historic Significance of the Visit of India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi
(1,016) order the demilitarization of local police forces in cities in the United States of America.
(750) Remove program 1033, which gives unused military equipment to police departments across the United States
(238) Pressure the Egyptian Government to Free Egyptian-American Mohammed Soltan
(182) Fulfill the Ukrainian government's request for military assistance
There are currently 2 lists of Open Petitions (All Petitions and Popular) provided at the White House petition site. Neither of them displays expiration dates, which makes it impossible to quickly determine how much time each petition has left to acquire enough signatures to ensure a response. And because the commitment to answer all those that reach the 100,000 threshold is one of the major attractions of this site, we believe that expiration dates are one of the first things that visitors need to know.
Deciding whether or not to sign petitions can take a lot of time, after all, especially on issues we are so unfamiliar with that we need to seek out additional information.
The Review White House Petitions Site petition to The Obama Administration was written by Tom Foreman and is in the category Government at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: white house petitions, white house, petitions, obama, obama adminstration