|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Save a Natural Heritage Area: Deny Aydan Court Rezoning
Petition Background (Preamble):
• The Town’s land use map zones this property for low density, or “open space,” which should remain until the Town’s comprehensive plan is revisited later this year;
• The property contains critical wildlife habitat and is adjacent to sensitive wetlands and public game lands for hunting and fishing;
• Removing 70% of trees will cause erosion and runoff that affects an already impaired Jordan Lake, which supplies drinking water to half a million people;
• The proposed development does not comply with the Town’s steep slopes ordinance;
• The market for condominiums in Chapel Hill is already saturated.
We the undersigned request that the Town Council respect our zoning map and Town ordinances protecting all our neighborhoods and deny this rezoning.
The Save a Natural Heritage Area: Deny Aydan Court Rezoning petition to Chapel Hill Town Council was written by Save The Library and is in the category Environment at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: aydan court, chapel hill, natural heritage, zoning, community, environment