|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
End the Embargo against Cuba!
Petition Background (Preamble):
Not only does the embargo indiscriminately punish the Cuban people by:
* Barring the delivery of the newest, most effective medicines, medical equipment, and medical information;
* Discouraging foreign companies from sending goods to Cuban ports;
* Blocking the shipment of water treatment equipment that prevents the spread of water-borne disease;
* Causing life-threatening nutritional deficiencies in pregnant women and children.
The embargo also stifles individual American freedoms and the free exchange of values and ideas by:
* Denying our right to free travel;
* Refusing all visits to extended family in Cuba;
* Forbidding more than one visit every three years to a close family member in Cuba (even if sick or dying);
* Prohibiting the free exchange of values and ideas;
* Restricting the exchange of students and scholars;
* Forbidding professionals from academic, scientific and cultural conferences sponsored by U.S. or Cuban institutions.
And we must continue to struggle for our right to free trade and travel, as well as the unrestricted exchange of information and ideas.
The End the Embargo against Cuba! petition to Disarm Education Fund was written by Ben Sturges and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: exchange, embargo, ideas, children, cuban, women, values, immoral, years, travel, forbidding, family, water, information, essential, medicine, goods, policy, medical, equipment, more than, our right, immoral policy, free ex