|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - smart phone
We the mobile telephone consumers of Ghana have embarked on a demonstration to protest the sub-standard services being offered by the mobile telephony companies in Ghana. This demonstration has become necessary because these companies have turned deaf ears to numerous complaints from individual consumers and the collective voices through the Consumer Protection Agency (CPA).
The time has now come for consumers to demonstrate and send a clear signal to the mobile companies that Ghanaians will no longer tolerate the shoddy services by these companies. By this petition we are inviting the Government through the Ministry of Communications and and the National Communications Authority to swiftly intervene to ensure that the following cocktail of consumer complaints are addressed without further delay;
1. GHANAIANS DEMAND PORTABILITY NOW BUY NOT IN 2 YEARS AS ANNOUNCED A FEW MONTHS AGO (right to switch between networks & still keep our numbers)
2. GHANAIANS DESERVE LOWER PHONE RATES AS PERTAINED IN THE HOME COUNTRIES OF THE TELEPHONY COMPANIES
3. GHANAIANS ARE TIRED OF LOW-GRADE SERVICE SUCH AS CALLL DROPS, OUT OF COVERAGE AREAS, REPEATED UNINITIATED TEXT MESSAGES, ETC.
4. GHANAIANS ARE SICK OF PHONY PROMOTIONS THAT ARE NOT MONITORED AND AUDITED BY THE NCA.
5. GHANAIANS ARE FATIGUED OF BEING OUT OF COVERAGE AREA WHEN THE PEOPE YOU CALL HAVE THEIR PHONES SWITCHED ON, AND IN FACT ARE AROUND THE CORNER FROM YOU.
6. GHANAIANS MUST BE PROTECTED FROM THE INDISCRIMINATE CONSTRUCTION OF MASTS THAT MAY BE HAZARDOUS.
We Satio users have been waiting a long time for an update for our Satio's that justifies its high price tag. We Satio users also want the basic features to be fixed e.g. kinetic scrolling added to whole UI; RDS added to radio; etc....
WHY is this phone entertainment LIMITED when its supposed to be entertainment UNLIMITED?
Apple's exclusivity to O2 prevents competition on tariffs and upgrade prices. Customers, particularly those with existing iPhone 3G contracts, are getting a poor deal.
Apple should consider including other operators or it risks losing the customer loyalty and reputation it has so heavily invested in.
According to http://twitter.com/o2 - o2 will not be allowing current iPhone 3g Customers to upgrade early without paying out their current contract.
Sign up if you aren't happy.
There is good reason to believe that Apple, through its marketing and visual design techniques, is manufacturing an illusion that merely buying an Apple makes you part of an alternative community.
But the technology they use is arguably explicitly chosen to divide people into separate digital cells, and to position Apple as sole warden. When your business depends on people paying for the privilege of being locked up, the prison better look and feel luxurious, and the bars better not be too visible.